Saturday, October 23, 2010

Diary of Mac the Macaque


 I was born on Saturday 23rd October 2010. It took my creator one week to create me, just like the biggest human’s fairy tale said about human and their creator. Although she did not plan it this way – she thought it would take her much longer than a week to create me.

On my first day on Earth, my diary is already quite full. I am very excited hearing all the exciting journeys that my creator Adeline and her husband Andy plan for me. Here are some of their ideas:

Monday 25th October. Adeline said she is going to sneak me into her handbag and take me to her job in the court room. Imagine that, being the first monkey ever to sit in a live court room! She said she wants to try to take a picture of me there, but she has to check all the legal stuff first as cameras are not allowed in the court room.

Tuesday – or the day after if I get too tired on my first day out. Andy might take me to his exciting job as a cameraman. He said he will let me sit on the dashboard of his cameraman van so that I can see where we’re going, then he will introduce me to Jojo his cameraman friend and Julie his director friend who also likes to create creatures like me. Oh, I hope Julie will have her cuddly friend with her so that I can flirt!

The next day after going out with Andy the cameraman, I will come with Adeline again to her office. This is the other office, not the court one, she said. Adeline said that I will brighten the mood in her office because there are many miserable people there. She said I have to be especially nice and be as funny as possible to a man in red who comes in the morning bringing the letters. She said the miserable postman will need my cheering up the most. Secondly, she asked me to my funny self to a guy who hates cheese – although I don’t know how am I supposed to recognise him if Adeline is not around. For the rest of the day, she ask me to sit quietly on her computer screen while she works.

Andy and Adeline have a teenage son called Jacques. He is nice for a teenager. I was scared at him in the beginning; because I heard that teenagers are scary creatures who hate cute cuddly creature like me (my friends in cuddly creature heaven told me so before I was born). However, Jacques proved that my friends are wrong. He is a nice gentle teenager creature who smiles at me. He even let me tried to ride his creation that has battery and wheels! I did not drive it well though, because I was too big for his battery-powered creation.

I overheard Andy and Adeline’s conversation about taking me to Jacques’ school one day (but pssst…. I have to be quiet about this because they don’t want to embarrass Jacques). They said I can come to the next parents’ evening to see Jacques teacher. Jacques’ teacher is a very clever human, his name is Doctor something. I heard that when a human has a Doctor in the beginning of its name, it means this human studied for a very long time and knows so many complicated things. Jacques’ teacher knows a lot about how the physical world works, he even has a theory on how the whole big universe started. Wow… how I wish I were that clever.

What is also exciting is that going to Jacques’ school means I can see pictures of clever and famous people who used to study there. Andy said he will take a picture of me with Michael Wood the famous historian – his picture is on the school’s wall, so I will have to hang on to his picture frame while Andy takes my picture. There are other famous scientists, journalists, and all seriously clever people that I will see in Jacques’ school.

Since I was born in October whilst the weather is cold, I have to wait for a few more months before my first camping trip. Yes, Andy and Adeline said they are going to take me camping and take a picture of me in their big tent! I cannot wait for that. And who knows, they might take me to fly one day. I heard that human sometimes ride these huge iron birds that take them somewhere far far away from their home. I heard that these iron birds are also human’s creation. How wonderful! I think these human are really clever creature.

This is only my first day on Earth, so I will need lots of rest and sleep. I will write again soon.

Mac

No comments: