Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mac meets Alan the Modelmaker

I went with Adeline walking around today. We went to a vintage fair in Printworks, Manchester, near the big wheel. Among all the vintage clothes, accessories and all girly things, I saw the best stall ever! It is called "Mossley Modelmaker". Adeline chat with the modelmaker himself, Alan Tolfrey. He is a very nice guy. I really like Alan. He is so talented, making all little buildings exactly the same as the real big ones.


Alan said, everyone has talents. He is enjoying his and starting to make a living out of it. How wonderful! He is an architec by trade, and now that he is retired, he can make models anytime he likes. Adeline said she can't imagine her dad retiring and enjoying a hobby like Alan, but then again, everyone is different. (Adeline's dad, Joe Tumenggung is 74 this year, and he is still investigating air accidents and/or incidents. He is in Batam, Indonesia at the moment, looking at parts of the Qantas' Airbus 380 engines that fell there)

I enjoy our little walk around today. We were meant to go with Cat Sullivan, a very nice lady who likes my pictures and who said that she wanted to meet me. Unfortunately, Cat is not feeling well. So she had to stay at her home in Sheffield today. I wish her well soon.

I was a little sad not being able to meet Cat today. But I am happy to meet nice Alan. Please look at his models in his website http://mossleymodelmaker.com/.

Now I'm going to watch the recorded Formula One qualifying with Adeline and Andy.

No comments: